Here are our favorite climate education resources to explore beyond Our Climate Our Future.
Our Climate Our Future Lesson Plans
These three hands-on lessons are specifically designed for use with Our Climate Our Future. All lessons are hands-on activities that require minimal materials, can be easily done in a single class period and are aligned to NGSS.
Our Climate Our Future brings up lots of real-world topics and exciting ideas that will get the conversation in your classroom flowing. Use this classroom discussion guide as you go through Our Climate Our Future to deepen students' learning.
ACE Ocean Acidification Animations
- Ocean Acidification — Check out this three-minute animation that gets to the heart of the problem of ocean acidification in a fun, dynamic way your students
- Ocean Chemistry — Dig even deeper into the chemical reactions that drive the process of ocean acidification. Chemistry has never been so cool!
ACE Science Reports & Student Worksheets
ACE Science Reports are short, easy-to-read articles on a range of climate science topics, all with accompanying student worksheets.
- Black Carbon: The Dirty Sidekick of CO2
- Cleaning Up Coal
- El Niño
- Global Temperature and the Oceans
- How to Date an Ice Core
- How to Get Past Temperature from an Ice Core
- How to Make a Fossil Fuel
- Ocean Fertilization
- Really Old Climate and Climate Change
- What the Heck is a Methane Hydrate?
- What's Up with 350?
- Why Global Warming Means Global Weirding
ACE Project Plans
These solutions-focused project plans make for great action-oriented lessons for your class. Organize a Walk and Roll Day, reduce vehicle idling at your school, and more.
Climate and Energy Lesson Plans from CLEAN
CLEAN is a database of over 600 of the best climate and energy lesson plans online, all vetted by educators and scientists for quality and accuracy.
California Education and the Environment Initiative
California EEI has hundreds of K-12 lesson plans, information texts and beautiful maps from National Geographic. EEI units teach critical skills in science and history-social science using environmental topics as a lens. All content supports Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards. Content is available for download for teachers outside of California as well. California teachers can attend an EEI training and order hard copies of the curriculum for free.